The Superintendent, under supervision of the Vice President of Construction Services, will provide on-site supervisory and technical management of commercial construction projects.
• Supervise the work of On-site labor, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the Construction Documents, Specifications, General Contract, Subcontractors and Purchase orders
• Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment
• Review construction documents for constructability and construction sequence once issued by Owner
• Assist Project Manager in development of the project schedule in accordance with the Owner schedule
• Maintain effective and regular communication with PM and include PM in any changes that need to be made on job sites.
• Ensure subcontractors are receiving and reviewing copies of shop drawings and submittals.
• Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements
• Verify layouts and that each Subcontractor has properly completed their contractual requirements.
• Cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies.
Experience: Minimum five years of experience in Superintendent/Construction Management role
Additional Skills: Possess thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods) trade agreements, engineering, cost control, safety.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (https://ghafari.jobs)
By fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at email@example.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.