J-Track, LLC was formed by three individuals with over 70 years of combined experience in transit and track construction work. We have successfully performed railroad track work, civil construction, and architectural work for a number of government agencies engaged in public transportation. The company’s staff includes professional engineers, project managers, superintendents, foremen, quality control managers and safety managers.
J-Track is rapidly becoming not only a premier track contractor but a formidable force in New York’s heavy civil construction market. Our explosive growth is based on the experience of our principals, our commitment to excellence, and the dedication of our employees. At J-Track we place the highest value possible on customer satisfaction, safety and on-time performance.
The Superintendent works in partnership with the Project Management team to build a safe, high quality project. This position is responsible for leading the day to day operations in the field including: safety, quality, productivity, equipment management and subcontractor management. The Superintendent is responsible for the planning and scheduling of activities as well as estimating the cost of activities against project budgets.
- Direct day today on-site supervision of field labor force.
- Inspection of Contractor or Subcontractor operations to ensure compliance with contract.
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer.
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager.
- Conduct quality inspections.
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material.
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through personal actions and mentoring others.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent's Daily Reports.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties assigned.
- 5+ years of Heavy Civil Construction experience.
- Familiarity with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders.
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be safety oriented.
- 4-year Engineering Degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Certification preferred.