- Superintendent Opportunity with Notable General Contractor
- Strong pipeline of projects ranging from $5 million to $45 million
A General Building and Construction company headquartered in the Southern New Jersey area has been aggressively investing in its position in the New Jersey market. Projects range from retail, hospitality, big box, MOB and offices. They are looking for an experienced Superintendent who will be able to contribute to the growth of the company.
- Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Must have experience in medical, commerical, retail
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or similar field, or comparable experience (preferred).
- 10-15+ years of construction experience.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in EH&S applications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/discretionay bonus, as well as technical and management training programs.