Requisition ID: 79461
Kiewit Building Group has projects all over the United States. At this time, we are looking for strong Superintendents to support Omaha, NE; Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Seattle, WA and Honolulu, HI markets.
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in vertical construction and is headquartered in Englewood, CO (Denver).
Kiewit Building Group is currently seeking superintendents. In the building market Kiewit specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services. During the past 10 years, Kiewit has performed construction services for more than 1,100 vertical construction projects, totaling $7.5 billion in revenue.
The superintendents responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Supervise construction projects. Perform daily inspections of work performed. Act as liaison and coordinator between contractors. Solve problems that arise. Coordinate self-performed craft operations and oversee equipment utilization on the project. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules. Coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
• Hiring, training, firing of foremen and craft personnel
• Management of sub-contractors on site
• Coordinate and evaluate self-perform craft operations
• Track and monitor costs vs budget
• Develop schedules for crews, equipment and materials
• Develop detailed work plans in conjunction with engineers
• Oversee equipment utilization
• Provide input on contractual matters and constructability review
• Identify safety hazards and take necessary corrective actions
• Lead culture of safety through commitment to an incident- free environment
• Assure quality compliance through use of specifications and internal QA/QC resources
• Lead and attends various meetings
• Communicate key project information to owners, designers, architects, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and internal partners
• Supports project closeout and punch list
• Maintain good owner relations
• Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within Kiewit. Understand Kiewit’s policy of non-discrimination and ensure positive, proactive implementation throughout project
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in construction or engineering
• Minimum 3 years as a Superintendent
• Experience in commercial/ structural construction; such as hospitals, stadiums, school buildings, office buildings preferred
• Experience managing union labor preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related degree preferred
• Must be willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career as we operate on a national scale not a regional one
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
• Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding the company’s policies, procedures and software programs
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done, this position will require more than 40 hours/week
• Ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment:Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Legal