Join us and be a part of our collaborative company culture, providing innovative, quality-built construction projects as a leading retail general contractor throughout California and the western United States.
Do you live and breathe construction with experience in retail building and remodeling? Do you have the natural ability to motivate your team and successfully coordinate subcontractors to get work installed on time and ensure work is to code? If so, keep reading:
We are looking for a Superintendent who will lead a team of subcontractors, and Eleven Western Builders (EWB)personnel from start to finish of a job with precision, thoroughness, and documentation ensuring jobs are completed on schedule and within budget.
To be successful in this role:
YOU HAVE A LEADERSHIP PRESENCE and lead by example, displaying a strategic mindset and explain expectations clearly. You resolve issues quickly and efficiently and complete â€œclean and tightâ€ projects. You excel at maintaining relationships and able to separate emotions and focus on the task at hand while dealing with diverse personalities in fast-paced environments.
YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE for leading your team to produce quality craftsmanship. You can anticipate when to schedule necessary meetings and inspections so that jobs are completed on time and according to specs. You work with a high degree of follow-through and delegate tasks when needed to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
YOU HAVE EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION AND ANALYTICAL SKILLS to effectively manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities while being respectful of the clientâ€™s space and surroundings. You can navigate the complex decision making that is necessary to getting work done while staying compliant with regulations. You ensure safety and keep jobs accident free.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and ongoing:
- Complete onboarding program in the first week which includes basic safety training, equipment training certification, CPR, and if not completed, OSHA training
- Offer valuable insights about job specifications
- Use ProCore software to document progress and send daily reports to Project Team
- Read job plans 2X daily minimum and inspect job progress on job walks to guide work and coordinate with Sub-Contractors to schedule work
- Conduct daily meetings with retail clients, EWB construction team and inspectors
- Coordinate all site construction activities/supervise field personnel (up to ~140 per day)
By the 90-day mark and ongoing:
- Successfully run a project of ~$5-million plus by completing the job on schedule and within budget
- Show attention to detail and quality so finished products are ready for customer inspection and compliant to regulation for inspections
- Hold Sub-Contractors accountable to adhere to general safety procedures
- Create, submit and track RFIs and RFI responses to identify the scope on change orders that could range from 15-500 depending on the size and complexity of the job
Within the 6th month mark and ongoing:
- Show integrity, compassion, and empathy when dealing with clients that embodies the culture at EWB, displaying pride in work and encourage strong work ethic with team
- Ability to â€˜step intoâ€™ a job in progress and competently take on Superintendentâ€™s duties with a new team and in another area of specialty (retail, hospitality, fast-food, fuel stations, open store remodel, etc.)
- Complete a â€œclean and tightâ€ project on time by maintaining schedules with a minimum of loose ends at completion (less than 2)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 yearsâ€™ experience in Superintendent role required
- 3 yearsâ€™ experience building/remodeling in the following industries: retail, hospitality, fuel stations, open store remodels, fast food; show experience in the last 5 years required
- Proficient in math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division, calculating square footages and take off materials.
- Able to read construction documents and knowledgeable in construction methods
- Computer skilled in Microsoft Office Suite(Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Project, Word)
- Intermediate proficiency with ProCore a plus
- Possession of a valid CA Driverâ€™s License, good driving history and dependable transportation required and pass a background check
- Current OSHA 10 and CPR certification a plus
- Demonstrated history of working safely and adhering to safety standards
- Available for extended travel to work sites and overnight stays
- Able to perform general physical tasks such as lifting items up to 50 pounds, kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, repetitive motion, use of hand tools, etc.
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1983, Eleven Western Builders, Inc. has been a leading retail general contractor, delivering innovative, quality-built construction projects to a diverse group of clients. We approach every project with a goal of total satisfaction for our clients, ourselves, and all members of the project team, ready to conquer any obstacle that may arise.
At Eleven Western Builders, we keep our promise to build the best projects, by providing our clients with top-level management and the highest quality fieldwork, on projects throughout California and the western United States. We love this work, we were built to do it, and we are ready to earn our clientâ€™s trust!
Competitive Wages, Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Health Benefits Package, 401k, Vehicle Allowance or Company Vehicle and Gas Card, Company Issued Cell Phone, Laptop and Jet Pack, Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Time.
Powered by JazzHR