Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Subcontracts Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Superintendent.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
The Subcontracts Superintendent is directly responsible for all aspects of the performance of subcontractors on all jobs across the Colonna’s enterprise to include schedule, safety, quality, production, support, and compliance. The primary duty is this position is to protect our customers and Colonna’s Shipyard interests and ensure that Subcontractor services provided by Colonna’s Shipyard to our customers meets our contract requirements in all regards.
- Act as a liaison between the Ship Superintendent and the Subcontractor, as well as all shipyard Steel America and Down River departments
- Directly responsible for coordinating checkpoint notices and ABS and USCG call outs and inspections, Duties will include assisting with resolving safety concerns, change order development, document submittal and schedule updates, as well as access issues.
- Act as a liaison with the Subcontracts Purchaser to determine progress payments earned by each subcontractor.
- Responsible for documenting safety and quality issues through the Corrective Action Request process.
- Responsible for making sure that all purchase orders are up to date with changes to contract performance or work scope. This will include documenting work not complete or done incompletely or incorrectly that will be the basis for decreasing the scope of the subcontractors purchase order.
- Work directly with the Ship Superintendent to provide the information and coordination needed for the completion of the project.
- Management of the Subcontractor’s Production schedule
- All documenting, scheduling, and coordination for Quality Control, to include the updating and oversight of the Test and Inspection Plan and Required Reports.
- Oversight and input into the change orders process, Purchase Order modification and documentation process.
- Submittal of all required Certifications or Reports for compliance
- Verify that the subcontractor has ordered, materials in compliance with the contract requirements and that the delivery meets the contract schedule.
- Submittal of Progress to Ship Superintendent for the invoicing process.
- Assist in growing the subcontractor data base to provide Colonna’s the broadest access to skilled subcontractor services
- Review and preliminarily approve Subcontractor invoices
- Recording, documenting and submittal of all post Job Performance Evaluation sheets to establish Subcontractor rating on overall job performance
- Review subcontract documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government requirements, commercial contract requirements and conformance to Government and Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensure the compliant execution and administration of various subcontract types including T&M, Fixed Price , and Cost Type
- Responsible for ensuring successful, compliant execution of the Subcontract administration process
- Negotiate with potential subcontractors to achieve maximum revenue and profitability from all contracts
- Previous experience with subcontracts
- Strong background in Ship Repair, trades, or work as a supervisor or Superintendent is a plus
- A strong business acumen is essential.
- Computer skills such as Word and Excel required. Knowledge of Costpoint and Deltek is a plus
- Must be a skilled listener, mediator and negotiator while accomplishing goals and protecting interests
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally
- Able to successfully work in a team environment and engage in multiple tasks
- Experience with Bid and Proposal support
- Strong organizational abilities and proven success in making and meeting commitments in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of company procurement & subcontract procedures
- Strong subcontract administration background and skills, including working knowledge of multiple contract types.
- Effective proposal evaluation and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K, company match• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.