Seeking a Superintendent
A commercial development and construction company is seeking a Superintendent. The Superintendent will manage all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. The candidate will be accomplished in managing ground up projects and will develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked.
Location: S. Houston
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 + Bonus
- Communicating directly with on-site staff to go over full details of project cost, staffing for individual projects, as well as scheduling.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Have a thorough understanding of interpreting plans and specs for building and construction.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
- Provide consultation for new projects/developments and design preliminary models for turn-key construction whether build-to-suit or land development of multi-use business parks.
- Work directly with the project engineers and permit coordinator to efficiently complete the plan set for permit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or related field preferred
- 10 - 15+ years of experience as a commercial Superintendent with a general contractor building turn-key construction
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
- Experience developing commercial space including office/warehouse, tilt up warehouse, retail centers and 1-3 story office buildings ranging, on average, between 10,000 and 50,000 square feet
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application