Are you looking for a new opportunity and want to work on cool projects? Astra is looking to grow our team. As the contractor of choice for Atlanta Beltline Inc. (largest urban redevelopment project in the country), colleges, State / County / City governments, CIDs and national developers, Astra has constructed a multitude of press worthy high profile projects throughout Georgia & Florida. Check out our website (www.astragroupinc.com).
We are looking for Superintendents that is highly skilled in supervision, project scheduling, quality control, job site safety and hands on job site management. Applicants should have the knowledge and experience in what it takes to construct a project from inception to completion.
The duties and responsibilities of a superintendent are:
• Ensuring that all the construction activities are adhering to designs
• Take responsibility for all construction activities on the site
• Ensuring that all the construction activity are proceeding as per schedule
• Document all the expenses incurred
• Be present on the site most of the times
• Organizing the construction crew and allocating work according to schedule
• Directly supervise and coordinate all day to day activities
• Develop daily work schedules, complete timesheets, maintain necessary paperwork and prepare work progress reports
• Responsible for reviewing contract to ensure project conformance
• Verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope of work.
• Communicate effectively with staff, subcontractors, venders and clients to manage activities and resolve issues
• Overseeing and evaluating the performance of site workers
• Works with the project team to establish goals and develop accountability
• Estimate material, equipment and labor needs based on project scope
• Locate, measure and mark site locations
• Prepare, schedule and supervise completion of a final punch list and project close out
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work environment and corrects job site hazards immediately
• Ensuring that the workers are safe and healthy
• Perform quality checks regularly
• Work with Estimator/Project manager on cost management and subcontractor activities to meet project budget
• Works closely with owners in requesting and coordinating applicable inspections, including starting dialogue with officials from day one.
• Maintains confidentiality of company data
• Seeks to learn changes in the industry
Job requirements include:
• 3+ years’ experience as a Superintendent
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Must be physical fit and able to effectively work in a fast paced construction environment
• Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue prints, submittals, manufacturer’s literature, contract documents and specifications, and CPM schedules.
• Understand construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
• Ability to schedule and manage complex projects
• Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
• Proven ability to lead and manage a construction team
• Must be able to think on your feet, have a strong work ethic and take pride in your work
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Must be highly motivated and willing to help our company grow
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
• Extensive knowledge of established construction practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
• Must be computer savvy and able to navigate MS office suite and project. In addition we would expect candidate to learn Procore, which is the construction software we currently utilize.
Astra is a family owned company that has been in business for over 25 years. We strive to create customer loyalty in infrastructure and recreational/ athletic facility contracting by providing the highest level of quality and value to bring the client's vision to reality. We believe in ethical and fair treatment of our customers and employees to remain a leader in our industry. Our aim is to create enriched lifestyles through community enhancement for more active living.
Position offers: competitive salary, annual bonus, company vehicle, paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, FSA and 401(k).
Please visit our website at www.astragroupinc.com for more information about us.
Astra is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.