As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox is looking for a Supervising Producer for our short-form video team. Qualified candidates will be deeply invested in data-driven and explanatory journalism and have editorial leadership and production experience in video.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Executive Producer to create and maintain editorial workflows
- Edit video scripts and supervise fact-checking process
- Help producers develop and convert pitches into stories
- Manage a group of producers and hold them to high journalistic standards
- Improve and provide guidance in boosting production quality
- Identify and manage execution of special editorial projects
- Work with Vox editors and writers to identify opportunities
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years experience in video journalism
- Meticulous organization and comfort with overseeing many moving parts
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with video production and working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong shooting and production skills
- Deep familiarity with Vox’s video voice and style
- Understanding of what makes a great video and excitement about the role of video in the future of journalism
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to video storytelling
- Awareness of what competitors are doing in video
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume and cover letter.In your letter, please includeat least 3 links to your past work (journalistic examples preferred), and describe your role in the production of the piece.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.