Providing vital infrastructure expertise throughout California, MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) delivers engineering, surveying, and construction management services to Transportation, Water, and Government Service markets.
We provide several California cities with professional surveying services and act as their contract City Surveyor. Our services also include field-work utilizing our Party Chiefs, Chain persons, and Apprentices for various projects. We take pride in providing client service at a level that surpasses the standard. Our clients rely on our knowledge and judgment and are appreciative of our professional approach. It is important that the candidate who fills this role will have diversified experience in land surveying.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles, practices, and leadership in broad areas of assignments and related fields related to the Survey and Civil Engineering professions.
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to complete survey discipline assignments.
- Ensures the consistency and quality of work product delivered across the division.
- Prepares and reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Assists executives, staff, and the public as a technical specialist, quality assurance specialist, or advisor.
- Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments. This can be as direct reports or directing staff as a Project Manager, assuming full responsibility for project delivery.
- Sets scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services, including technical input, writing key technical sections of proposals, and verifying staffing resources according to scope and schedule of proposed services.
- Supervise the development, review, and preparation of legal documents for content, accuracy, completeness, and conveyance of real property.
- Coach staff/direct reports for career development advice and advancement.
- Develop and maintain networking contacts for business development and recruitment efforts.
- Advise and coordinate with private engineers, surveyors, developers, departments, clients, and approving agencies on current and proposed survey projects.
- Supervise field personnel engaged in determining coordinates of control points and other survey locations using appropriate technological tools.
- Ensure project and division profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
15 years of progressively responsible Survey experience.
BS in Civil Engineering, Geomatics, or Similar
CA PLS or ability to acquire within one year
Exceptional written and verbal (personable) communications skills
Exceptional Organizational skills
A passion for your field of work
Competitive benefits package. Please contact Priscilla Figueroa at 805-456-3512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.