Essential Job functions:
Meet regularly with Executive Director for direction, guidance and development.
Support primary tasks of management functions and operating procedures.
Facilitate implementation/phase-in of various fee-for-service community based programs.
Provide oversight and support of day-to-day operations of specific programs.
Supervision, training and mentoring of staff providing services to persons with disabilities, students, youth in transition, families and veterans.
Supervise /facilitate/perform NJ Transit Customer Assessments based upon agency staffing needs.
Periodic review of consumer case records and requisite documentation pertinent to specific programs to ensure standards of quality and compliance. .
Maintain collaborative relationships with federal, state, county and private provider agencies/nonprofit organizations that serve persons with disabilities.
Conduct community education programs and outreach as needed and upon request.
Attend / represent agency at required meetings pertinent to specific programs.
Attend / participate in staff meetings, trainings and in-services as required.
Assist in preparation of various agency reports for specific funders/programs.
Facilitation / dispute resolution in the course of service provision across agency programs.
Nights / weekend assignments per agency programming and staffing needs.
Provide oversight of agency operations in the absence of Executive Director.
1. Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution, in a related health, social work, human service, or education field and at least 2 years of documented professional work experience in a supervisory capacity in the field or at least three years of documented professional work experience working with individuals with disabilities in a case services role.
2. Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and work with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to successfully relate to and communicate with people with disabilities, their families, other organizations, agencies, consumers, students and volunteers.
4. Knowledge and support of the Independent Living Philosophy.
5. Familiar with vocational rehabilitation services and community rehabilitation programs.
6. Knowledge of computers/software, Internet research, operation of standard office equipment and TTY/VP.
7. Ability to be creative, using sound judgment in workload coordination and manage confidential and sensitive matters.
8. Ability to assess/determine consumer needs and direct referrals to the appropriate internal or external resource.
9. Experience using Windows 10, including ability to use MS Office Programs and various case management database systems.
10. Knowledge of programs and services, benefits, entitlements and supports available to persons with disabilities.
11. Ability to effectively organize work, establish priorities, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
12. Have strong and effective spoken and written communication skills.
13. Ability to cope with moderate to high levels of stress.
14. Bi-lingual a plus
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 52000.00 Annual