Assists manager in overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities of telephone performance and coaching/counseling the customer service team.
- Monitors staff production and performance in order to meet corporate performance goals. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to staff.
- Assists staff in resolution of sensitive calls of a priority nature. Answers the most complex telephone inquiries.
- Identifies and coordinates staff training needs to ensure uniform professional responses.
- Plans and organizes the daily operation of the Service Department, including processing payroll for staff and reviewing attendance.
- Analyzes and trends inquiry types to identify process improvement opportunities, including development of educational material for staff.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- College degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience in customer service required, 3 years of experience in claims required
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience in a customer service or health care environment preferred
- Extensive knowledge of insurance contracts, medical, hospital and dental procedures preferred
- Requisition ID: 200FF