Supervisor, Data Integration Services
With general direction and latitude for independent judgment, responsible for supervising the daily activities of a Data Integration Services team that implements Electronic Data Interface (EDI) inbound and outbound data feeds for clients and third party administrators, processing of data files, monitoring ongoing production jobs, and overall data integrity in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and company standards.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position typically performs work at a WageWorks site and reports to a Manager of Data Integration Services or another leader with responsibility for data integration. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate and work closely with operational management teams, cross-functional management teams, and internal/external customer/client leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
- Works cross-functionally with other operational departments to address customer or business issues in a timely manner.
- On a daily basis, monitors and supervises all Data Integration Services (DIS) team activities to ensure established company Service Level Agreements are met.
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of departmental staffing objectives in order to make progress toward meeting established goals.
- Tracks team performance by establishing meaningful metrics in order to provide feedback to PS Management team as well as frontline staff.
- Responds to technical issues to provide migration and file level support for escalated non–repetitive data issues.
- Develops, maintains and provides documentation on processes, scripts, and case resolution procedures for future reference or use
- Educates and directly interacts with the client and vendor to facilitate communication during implementation process
- Carries out personnel actions for the DIS team to include, hiring & scheduling; training & evaluation; coaching, counseling, & performance management.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of information technology or business administration or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- The knowledge, skills and ability to develop tactical standards and support procedures for the provision of effective technical data integration services for clients as described, as normally obtained through one year of progressively responsible experience in an Information Technology with a client facing focus or a closely related role.
- Two to three years supervisory experience or project management experience is preferred.
- Experience working with flexible spending accounts, cafeteria plans, and COBRA is preferred, although not required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly assess client and systems issues as well as research and investigate technical system transactions.
- Extensive experience with identifying trends in data or process issues, analyzing data and reporting issues to management.
- Drives for results and displays a sense of urgency. Incumbents must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Organizational skills and time management skills are essential.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills are necessary.
- The ability to uncover facts and use that information to effectively solve issues is also required.
- An attention to detail is essential.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills are required as is the ability to remain customer service focused during situations in which customers may be notably frustrated.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in a team-based environment are also necessary to supervise the team as described.
- Previous coaching experience is required.
- The ability to balance costs with performance management is essential.
- The ability to manage performance through metrics is also required.
- The ability to maintain the confidence of sensitive information is essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
CARING - People are the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Client’s employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
CUSTOMER-CENTRIC - Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
PASSIONATE - We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
ACCOUNTABLE - We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical, and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
LEADING - Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
RESPECTFUL - We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
This position entails formal direct managerial responsibility for a team of Data Integration Services members, as described.
Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required. Knowledge and proficiency with web-based tools, relational databases and internet solutions. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Occasional travel to attend training or meetings may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Incumbent must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and travel on public or in personal transportation vehicles for extended periods in a day with periodic interruptions is required. At times, incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Incumbent may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.