The Supervisor, Enterprise Applications is responsible for overseeing a team of Application Analysts and Application Specialist who support and administer the credit union's production enterprise applications, such as loan origination, collections management, new account, and relationship management systems. This includes assigning and coordinating the team's activities when working with the respective application vendors for software updates, defect remediation, troubleshooting and after hours support. The supervisor will work with the various business areas on projects involving the applications within the scope of this role's responsibilities. May be asked to participate in the analysis and evaluation of new applications and/or system integrations. The role is also tasked with ensuring the applications are up-to-date and meet the requirements for any compliance or regulatory changes.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise, develop, motivate, coach and train a staff team responsible for supporting the credit union's production enterprise applications. Evaluate employees and complete performance reviews.
2. Monitor environment to ensure effective performance.
a. Proactively identify, research and troubleshoot member related and or system integrity issues.
b. Open cases with vendors to clearly and completely document issues, consistently follow-up with vendor until the issue is resolved.
c. Manage the precise and timely communication of these issues and their resolution across the organization.
d. Create and update Tickets, maintaining excellent notes and status information to demonstrate issues are being worked.
e. Manage and participate in the testing of fixes in various environments prior to production deployment.
f. Participate in on-call support rotation.
3. Act as Tier 3 support for enterprise wide system related issues, serving as the liaison between vendor business partners and the IT Help Desk to provide resolution to complex or significant system matters.
4. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and third-party service providers needed to manage and improve enterprise applications channels.
5. Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business unit needs, including workflow, technical program functions, and steps required to implement business processes of a highly technical nature.
6. Consult with credit union personnel to determine business, functional and detailed technical requirements for specified applications.
7. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
8. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
9. Review use cases and other highly technical documents to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
10. Work directly with appropriate credit union personnel to understand project concept, objectives, approaches and technical specifications.
11. Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other technical QA assessments.
12. Manage small scale projects related to those systems within the scope of this role's responsibilities. Create project plans and coordinate tasks and deliverables from business areas and vendors.
13. Work with business units to conduct system application testing to meet project timelines.
14. Ensure that all tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon by the business unit.
15. Coordinate implementation of software installs and updates for those systems within the scope of this role's responsibilities.
16. Ensure final signoff to release system application into production has been completed.
17. Provide post-implementation support for new initiatives, upgrades and projects.
18. Manage Application Administration for all Enterprise Application software solutions.
19. Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting technical bug fixes and enhancements, assigning tasks to developers, testing and releasing updates.
20. Proactively assist with the identification of training and development requirements.
21. Maintain vendor relationships as assigned.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective analytical skills are required to prepare recommendations, perform analysis and accomplish other functions as listed.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate applicable computer hardware and other standard office equipment.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with credit union staff and management, and complete technical analysis. Makes sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
4. Must have the ability to work on own initiative.
5. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; may be required to work extended hours to complete tasks.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management
2. EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, suppliers, government agencies, other industry associations and peers at other financial institutions.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a 4 year degree.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five years or more experience in financial services, including business analysis and project management preferred.
* Knowledge of commonly used financial industry concepts, practices and guidelines.
* Knowledge of existing credit union products, services and overall operational guidelines, especially as it relates to various delivery channels.
* Excellent oral communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
* Strong research, technical analysis, planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to use logical reasoning when interpreting facts.
* Experience with large, medium and small systems, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
* Ability to analyze and document complex technical business processes.
* Ability to make objective observations, examinations, evaluations and recommendations.
* Ability to execute projects and direct team members to implement system upgrades and enhancements.
* Strong PC skills.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Carry and respond to a smartphone 7 days a week. May be ab;e to diagnose problem from home, occasionally may need to travel to site to correct problem either by car or public conveyance.
3. Corrected vision within the normal range.
4. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
5. Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
6. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
7. Prolonged sitting throughout the work day.
8. Prolonged use of telephone to accomplish tasks.
9. Prolonged operation of a personal computer, which includes typing, operating a mouse and reading information on a monitor.
10. Occasional travel may be required locally, statewide, and throughout the United States to attend seminars and vendor group meetings. Overnight travel and evening schedules included.
11. Occasionally required to change work hours including working on weekends to accomplish tasks.
12. Occasionally required to work long hours to accomplish tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled