American Water is purpose-driven, people-powered, customer-obsessed and the trusted source of everything water. Our employees in West Virginia go to work every day knowing they have an impact on the environment and people’s lives. The Supervisor, Facilities & Inventory will work across all departments at WV American Water to ensure we have the right tools and assets in place to Keep Life Flowing for our customers every day. The ideal candidate should has good organizational skills, be able to analyze data, find best practices, work across various departments, and be process improvement-minded. Visit American Water Careers to review all of the amazing opportunities we have to offer.
Maintain, set and control inventory levels for constructions and maintenance projects. Manage Facilities and ground maintenance including contract oversight, and clothing allowance. Assist in other building and ground maintenance as required.
- Maintain the MRP including inventory procedural documents and the integrity of system data (SAP) at each of the Company’s storage locations.
- Maintain via spreadsheet, contracts, purchasing of tools, equipment, clothing and materials required for Operations.
- Adhere to departmental budget and provide input into quarterly forecast and annual budget process.
- Maintain contract services for building and grounds.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business.
- SOX controls if necessary
- Understanding of inventory control, materials resource planning.
- Basic understanding of waterworks operation and maintenance, project planning experience a plus.
- General knowledge of building, grounds maintenance, and security required
- Capex and Opex Budgeting Process and Applications understanding
- 3-5+ years of Operations Support Services experience.
- High School Diploma required,
- Associates Degree desired.
Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
Plans, Aligns, & Directs
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.