How would you like to make an impact? Come and join our team where our purpose is serving individuals with disabilities! Are you ready to explore new opportunities?
When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate the global community.
Dispatch and monitor teams of drivers to promote a culture of safety. Foster a positive relationship with drivers to enhance performance. Provides Cash Collection activities throughout Quantico.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Follow up with all drivers scheduled to ensure coverage is met and receive calls from drivers at all times as needed.
- Input maintenance work orders into concur and Fleetio (tracking system).
- Check Fleetio daily to ensure compliance is met regarding correct data entries for gas cards and mileages for each vehicle
- Stay in constant contact with vehicle maintenance vendor regarding repairs needing approvals on-going.
- Ride with Driver of your choice weekly either on Wednesday or Thursday and become familiar with routing and by observing safety practices/standards, report as needed.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Hold mandatory Drivers meeting and schedule vehicle inspections at the Stafford office.
- Create and send out schedules to drivers and management.
- Collects cash from various sites throughout Quantico.
- Records cash collections and makes deposits into applicable banking institutes.
- Coordinates receipts with Finance.
Qualifications: Education, Experience and Certification(s)
- High school diploma with 5 years’ experience in motor pool operations
- Possess valid driver’s license and vehicle for transporting meeting materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work with people internally and externally at all levels of an organization.
- Strong oral/verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to carry out work with the highest levels of accuracy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What We Offer – for Benefit Eligible Employees May Include:
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- A 403(b)-Retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous percentage matching up to 3% of your contribution.
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, and Tuition Assistance.
- A generous paid time-off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information