Reporting to the Department Manager, responsible in all aspects of the closing and funding operations. Directs and supervises the Loan Funders and other department staff while motivating them to achieve the credit unions strategic goals while upholding exceptional service standards. The supervisor is responsible for motivational leadership with emphasis on teamwork, constant communication, training and performance management. This position will also be responsible in performing supervisory responsibilities in the processing side of the real estate operations, as assigned by the manager
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Responsible for directing workflow to ensure maximum efficiency on a daily basis. Monitor, organize and prioritize the drawing/funding workload, and prepare pipeline reports to ensure all department goals, turn-time and service delivery standards are upheld.
* Directly responsible for the document drawing, loan closing, and funding of all employee and/or VIP loans in conjunction with the real estate operations manager.
* Communicate and interact with title companies, real estate agencies, member(s), management, loan officers, and other third party service-related vendors. Identify, investigate and respond to requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position .
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
* Administer process and maintain staff schedules, payroll, personnel reports & performance evaluations for employees, and analysis of management reports.
* Demonstrate innovation and initiative. Research, analyze, identify alternatives and recommend improvements for operational efficiency. Update and maintain department procedures. Support continuous improvement initiatives within the department and credit union.
* Responsible in performing additional supervisory responsibilities in the closing and funding side of the real estate operations, as assigned by the manager.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Effective oral and written communication skills required to train and evaluate staff, interact with members, vendors and other department staff.
* Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: Credit union management and all levels of staff.
* EXTERNAL: Members, real estate agents, title companies, credit reporting agencies, mortgage insurance companies, branches, secondary market investors, and others as needed.
* EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree in Business or Finance is required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for college degree.
* EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of progressively responsible real estate lending experience within a mortgage/financial institution and one year of supervisory experience.
* KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Current working knowledge of the real estate/mortgage industry, credit analysis, mortgage processing, loan closing and funding, loan origination systems, FNMA and FHLMC guidelines and sound knowledge of methods and principles of business practices.
* Strong member relation skills.
* Solid oral and written communication skills.
* Solid analytical skills. Ability to use logical reasoning, make objective observations, evaluations and recommendations.
* Innovative with high- initiative in all activities.
* Ability to mentor, coach and train personnel on complex policies and procedures.
* Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
* Corrected vision within the normal range.
* Heavy telephone volume. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled