Responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of Quality Assurance functions. Works with Business Liaisons, Project Management, Business and Development Units in support of enterprise test strategies and objectives. This position is accountable for ensuring Quality Assurance testing of hardware and applications, integrations, web solutions, data solutions and services for internal and external customers throughout the organization through planning, leadership, and project coordination.
* Supervise QA operations to meet the testing needs of the enterprise as well as provide test support to maintenance of existing applications and development of solutions.
* Oversee the testing and monitoring of software products before they are implemented.
* Oversee the QA functions (Test Approach, Test Case development and Test Case execution, unit, and systems integrated testing) associated with application development and environment management.
* Oversee appropriate Test support efforts of software such as service applications, customized applications, predictive model applications, integrations and environments.
* Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing test documentation by creating, maintaining, and enforcing testing standards/procedures.
* Provide input, review and provide recommendations, from a testing perspective, on vendors and products.
* Partner with business and development staff to apply automation techniques and process improvements.
* Provide executive level and stakeholder summaries on key issues, defects, risks, and overall testing status of Project.
* Manage relationships with project stakeholders, team members and external providers.
* Responsible for providing estimates, capacity feedback, project impacts from a testing perspective.
* Partner with Project Managers to ensure the appropriate QA resources are assigned to projects and that QA meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
* Partner with the Business Liaisons and Business Units to ensure the desired outcomes and testing expectations identified are delivered.
* Ensure completed assignments meet deadlines and departmental and corporate standards.
* Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers and every level of management.
* Develop team KPI's and dashboards to communicate status and progress to all levels of staff and leadership.
* Develop a strong working knowledge of enterprise business.
* Ensure staff skill development, corporate culture, planning, budget tracking, resource planning and performance management of team.
* Identify and develop team or individual development plans to build capabilities during the planning.
* Provide staff leadership, supervision and development.
* Maintain direct communications with senior and middle management.
* Assist with the development of annual team budget, monitoring budget and identifying budget discrepancies, research cause and make recommendations and corrections.
* Responsibility for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
Directly supervises Bargaining Unit and non-Bargaining Unit, exempt and non-exempt staff, in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Five years of progressive responsibility in an IT environment with demonstrated technical and testing knowledge which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Two years supervisory or lead experience in IT required. Experience within the insurance industry preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
* Ability to understand business needs and conceptualize and test information systems that support business.
* Ability to translate functional capabilities into technical testing requirements.
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
* Ability to provide capacity and resource planning for team.
* Demonstrated ability to work with IT members to provide creative and innovative solutions.
* Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and address them or refer them for appropriate decision making.
* Ability to set clear expectations with supervisors, leads, and teams and ensure accountability.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Methodology, System & Product Development Life Cycle.
* Experience working within both waterfall and agile frameworks.
* Able to work in an environment at a fast pace & with changing priorities.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
* Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
* Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
* Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of the team.
* Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form.
* Ability to share ideas, report facts and other information as well as respond to questions and employ active listening techniques.
* Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information and respond to questions as appropriate.
* Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled