Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Supervisor provides supervision at the direction of management on site to coordinate activities of employees engaged in facilities operations or services. They will coordinate, at the direction of management, key functions for employees during the normal course of business during day and night shift.
- Serves as a working lead, coordinating activities of employees engaged in cleaning and/or maintaining smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; managing and approving timesheets.
- Must have reliable transportation to work at various job locations when needed on the job. Mileage will be reimbursed as per the mileage reimbursement policy.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees by complying with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the coordination of routine responsibilities of employees. Responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the facilities team.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, and safety trainings. Applies all applicable OSHA requirements to all assigned work. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
- At least two years supervisory experience and two years relevant experience that evidences a working knowledge of cleaning equipment and general cleaning processes.
- A valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record for the past 3 years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Level One:An individual is ineligible to work in any position that has Regular Contact With or Control over Children, Dependent Adults or Vulnerable Persons if the individual has been convicted of:
- One or more felonies and/or two or more misdemeanors of Crimes Against Persons and/or Crimes of Violence.
- Any Crime against a Child, Dependent Adult or Vulnerable person, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
- Any Sex Crime, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: Medium
Frequently required to walk and stand. Occasionally required to lift. Rarely required to pull and push.
Physical requirements: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Interpersonal skills/characteristics needed to effectively direct assigned employees.
Dedication to providing a high quality service that meets all client expectations and requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org