At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Supervises and leads teams of employees in the tasks related to the efficient production of STERIS, St. Louis Operations products. Responsible for the execution of work schedules and for the safety, productivity and quality of the work area as well as the Lean objectives of the department. Operations supervised may include one or more of the following: processing, packaging, repackaging, shipping and receiving, or as assigned.
Duties - cont'd
- Supervises production activities to meet production schedules and to maintain all required quality specifications through the use of manual/semi-automatic equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment by fully implementing the World Class Safety initiatives and culture of STERIS Corporation, instructing employees in established safety practices, and enforcing them at all times. Responsible for keeping safety equipment in good working order.
- Monitors production quality and assures that company standards are met. Monitors and follows all production SOP’s including all company, FDA, ISO and cGMP requirements.
- Responsible for the timely requisitioning of required supplies from appropriate sources in order to meet production schedules relative to the current Kanban and J.I.T objectives.
- Responsible for meeting production cost standards of both labor and product yield and for reporting all such data.
- Supervises and checks lines and utilization of operators. Participates in the daily Gemba walks and maintains the Production Control Boards and Communication and Assignment Boards in area of responsibility.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment including instruction of operators on equipment use and procedures to use to request needed maintenance support. Ensures equipment is maintained in a clean, safe working condition (TPM).
- Supervises general housekeeping in the work area and ensures area of responsibility is kept in good status, keeping aisles clear, pallets properly stacked, and trash removed. Ensures finished product is current and emergency equipment and electrical panels are not blocked.
- Establishes and maintains good relations and open communications with plant employees, while maintaining productivity, attendance and general order required for an efficient production operation.
- Responsible for 5S objectives in area of responsibility.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
5-7 years in a production environment; 3 years manufacturing supervisory experience or equivalent; experience in an FDA/ISO controlled facility preferred.
Must have an excellent working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and the relative Lean Tools.
Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent labor and human relations skills, strong team orientation, excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills, sound judgment, self-starter, strong analytical skills, PC proficiency including Excel and PRISM, ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment. Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Must be able to maintain production operations to provide high quality products within cost standards to our customers with minimal back orders. Must maintain expenses within budget and support divisional objectives in customer service, inventory levels and schedule attainment.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.