Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises activities of the One Call Locating Group to effectively mark DLC’s electrical UG facilities. Ensures DLC’s one call locating timelines are met and is compliant with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission’s (PUC) damage prevention laws. This position has responsibility for safety, schedule and budget adherence.
- Supervise the daily functions of the One Call Locating Group
- Ensure Duquesne Light Company is compliant with One Call locating timelines and PUC damage prevention reporting requirements
- Interface with contractors, other utilities, customers, government bodies, and all Duquesne Light Company departments
- Ensure that safety, quality and productivity goals are met or exceeded
- Train and develop locators skills based on the Common Ground Alliance (CGA)
- Troubleshoot difficult locates and become an SME on the locating equipment
- Ensure that locators have adequate inventories and supplies
- Perform audits and be the lead on damage investigations
- Ensure compliance with company policies/procedures and update/create as necessary
- Interview potential candidates for prospective staffing needs
- Attend various meetings around the state the include Damage Prevention and One Call Board Meetings
Roles at this level require relevant utility-specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With 3 years of relevant experience. Must possess a valid driver's license. Must be available for on-call/storm related
ABET-accredited Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Knowledge of electric utility Transmission and Distribution lines
UG locating experience
Must be able to work extended hours in emergency situations and be part of the Storm Team
Primary focus is on day to day management of operational execution for areas managed. Trains and develops staff. Plans the work flow. Directs available resources to accomplish process improvement. Leads work flow changes and implementations for direct team.
Problems and issues are undefined require detailed info gathering, analysis, and investigation to understand/resolve. Makes decisions that address work flow issues considering immediate impact on own function or work unit.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.