At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Mercy Hospital, Chula Vista is located approximately eight miles from the Mexico border, serving San Diego County’s fast-growing South Bay communities. As a stroke-designated unit, the Definitive Observation Unit provides high quality patient care in an environment that is fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative.
We invite you to join our highly engaged leadership team. As Supervisor, Patient Care (RN) over Definitive Observation (Step-Down), you will be a resource to the staff, ensuring that nursing practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety. Under the general direction of the Patient Care Manager, you will share leadership responsibilities for the nursing unit, including managing daily staffing plans.
Additionally, you will be charged with ensuring appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology (Teletracking) and adherence to care processes for bed placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and patient discharge. Play an integral role in ensuring the safe transition of patients through the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care.
This is a Full-Time, Night Shift, Supervisor position at Scripps Mercy Chula Vista.
- Two years applicable clinical experience, one of which in a leadership role
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Current CA State RN license
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- American Heart Association ACLS certification
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning and follow-through
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope of the organization and complexity of patient care
- At least one year experience in a DOU, PCU or Stepdown Unit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing