Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Administration Supervisor to join our Ashland LLC business at our Fort Smith, Arkansas. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the plant management function. This position will report to Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Organizing Payroll, Employee HR, Supervising clerical data entry
- Supervise Scheduling, Inventory, and create reporting/reports for clerical functions
- Report to Plant Manager and coordinate HR functions with central office.
- Travel Responsibilities will minimal for training, plant visits, and meetings.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but work experience will be considered
- 3-5 years in management or supervision supporting manufacturing plant functions
- 1-2 years working with SAP, Kronos, excel preferred
- Physical Requirements lifting minimum 25 lbs,
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- College Degree
- Experience in safe manufacturing and knowledge of working around machines
- Five years of management experience
- Training in leadership, conflict management, time management
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.