Indiana Packers Corporation
One World. One Team.
Production Supervisor Second Shift - Cold Side (Or Hot)
Indiana Packers Corporation Delphi, Indiana
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. Based in Delphi, Indiana, we are a short 15 minute drive away from Lafayette, Indiana, home of Purdue University. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland. We now have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana, Holland, Michigan, and Owensboro, Kentucky. With 3,100 team members and more than $1.5B in annual sales, we're a big company with a small company culture.
In October 2018, our acquisition of Specialty Foods Group (SFG) expanded the market presence of Indiana Packers Corporation with the addition of SFG's Kentucky Legend and Artisan Crafted Series national brands as well as Fischer's, Field, Kentuckian Gold, Scott Pete, and Mickelberry's. Our fresh pork is the main component for creating the quality product for these unique brands of meat. Prior to this strategic acquisition, IPC has been known regionally for our Indiana Kitchen branded fresh pork products, including our award-winning bacon. Obviously, we are proud of our success in the industry and accomplishments we have achieved, but we are humble enough to realize that our people is what made it happen.
We employ a diverse, innovative and passionate group of team members in a challenging and collaborative environment. Together, this combination supplies a tremendous amount of creative energy and different viewpoints to the organization. Our group values the concept of teamwork but embrace the skills, knowledge, and experience that each individual team member possesses. We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including a generous tuition reimbursement program (Benefits for full-time employment). It is easy to see, how high we regard our team members. Ready to be part of something great?
The Production Supervisor oversees the production process, operating procedures, and working conditions at Indiana Packers Corporation. This position is responsible for supervising production employees in a processing environment and ensuring established daily production and quality targets are achieved. The Production Supervisor will utilize their skill, experience and decision making ability to ensure product through the department meets company, customer and government specifications.
- Lead the activities of the team members in the production of quality products in accordance with established and accepted company criteria
- Implement and maintain safety standards throughout his/her area of responsibility as required by law and company policy
- Direct and implement job related training for all team members in his/her department while ensuring company job rotation minimums are met
- Utilize strong communication skills to properly coach and guide team members to resolve employee issues and ensures corrective actions are implemented and followed
- Create and foster a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards by treating all team members with dignity and respect
- Manage the completion of production schedules as determined by the superintendent or designee
- Ensure all proper processing procedures (quality, safety, etc...) are adhered to and not compromised
- Insure the appropriate level of discipline and accountability for team members while in pursuit of company and or customer established goals
- Monitor and make appropriate timely improvement actions necessary to meet production quality and quantity goals
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies and process control tools to efficiently meet or exceed the production schedule
- Facilitate workflow management, workforce scheduling, and placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root causes
- Maintain team member compliance of company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping through the application of fair and consistent accountability methods
- Work with other supervision on a daily basis to ensure the facility is operating to the highest level of efficiency
- Assist with pre-operation activities as directed
- Perform other duties as needed or required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent or higher
- Minimum of 2 years of continuous experience in a leadership or management role in a meat processing environment, pork preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a work a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold, wet, humid, and odorous environments
- Flexibility to work on a variety of shifts and work extensive overtime, including weekends
- Good computer literacy skills and experience using various software such as Microsoft Office
- Possess ability to write clear and concise reports
- Results driven and employee-oriented
- Commitment to follow safety policies and practices and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Uphold company policies and ethical standards
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Willingness to attend classes or training as needed
- Must be able to pass E-Verify
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
At Indiana Packers we care about our team members and offer a variety of great benefits to fit any of their needs. This includes three (3) medical coverage plan options, two (2) dental and vision plan options, a 401k savings plan, a tuition reimbursement program, an employee health clinic and more!
Culture and Environment:
Indiana Packers is part of a large multi-national organization that maintains the feel of a much smaller organization. We value our team members as they are the heart and soul of our organization, and strive to maintain the safest work environments for them as well. Workplace safety is not just a term we use, it's our core philosophy and the only way we know how to operate. Quite simply, we walk the talk.
In addition, our work environments encourage and support a collaborative approach while promoting and recognizing individual contributions. This truly unique combination, typically not found in most large organizations, provides a catalyst for our corporation's rapid success since beginning operations in 1991.
Indiana Kitchen Brand Products:
Indiana Packers produces a number of pork products under the Indiana Kitchen brand name. Our pork products are locally produced and are synonymous with excellent quality and taste.
Specialty Foods Group (Owensboro, KY) and Quincy Street (Holland, MI) Products:
Indiana Packers Corporation, through it's wholly owned subsidiary, Specialty Foods Group and Quincy Street Meats, offers a wide-variety of fresh and cooked protein products.
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois (90 miles) and Indianapolis, Indiana (55 miles). The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth (5TH) best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
- Link: https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2017/Q3/purdue-ranked-5th-best-public-university-in-u.s..html
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 110,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small town charm.
Delphi, Indiana, home to Indiana Packers Corporation is nestled in idyllic Carroll County where its rich history of agriculture and hog farming continues today. IPC's facility is centrally located and within a 30-minute drive to regional cities like Lafayette, Frankfort, Kokomo, and Logansport.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran