The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating resources and supervising the manufacturing of scheduled production. In addition, this position ensures that scheduled production requirements are met within set budgeted and quality requirements in a safe and orderly manner.
Work Hours: 5am -3:30pm, Mon-Thurs
- Operates the department in a manner that supports established budgets for volume, scrap and labor.
- Investigates system and process related problems, recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition.
- Develops and maintains daily metrics of production goals vs. achievements. Analyze shortfalls and document the causes. Take immediate steps to remove obstacles to meeting production goals.
- Implements and supervises adherence to all company policies, including but not limited to, safety, attendance, training, preventive maintenance, Quality and the employee handbook.
- Performs supervisory duties including, but not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, assigning work, evaluating and rewarding performance
- Performs audits on Preventive Maintenance (PM), in-process checks, changeover log, line organization (5S), line scrap and production boards
- Drives process improvement, sees that all projects have accountability, and that promise dates are met
- Assists with root cause analyses and 8D where applicable
- Oversees established bill of material and WIP inventory.
- In coordination with other departments, develops and maintains procedures and instructions in an ISO 9001 environment and ensure that each production employee is abiding by the procedures in place.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Participates as a functional team member and as a team leader in Operations and Interdepartmental teams.
- Assists with the transition of product into manufacturing through coordination of projects and work teams.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership, provide tactical supervision, and effectively delegate prioritized work assignments to subordinate staff.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and management
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment with limited instruction and guidance
- Must posses a working knowledge of mechanical, automation and Work Cell style manufacturing equipment and processes
- Must have a working knowledge of Lean and Ergonomic concepts
- Must posses a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Education and Experience:
- Two year Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience required
- Minimum two years supervisory experience required
- up to 10%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Click Here To Apply
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement