Supervise, direct, and develop personnel in the safe and effective utilization of the plant's manufacturing facilities. Produces those products to the company's and customer's specifications according to production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description. Comply with all Company policies and procedures. Perform and promote the use of 5-Why program for root cause problem solving. Administers the NAPCO Safety Program on the production shift level; including, but not limited to, conducting safety training, shift meetings, inspections, reporting, incident investigation, and follow-up.
- Completes accurate and timely reports and paperwork including any documents generated during the shift including, but not limited to; Data pass, SAP Production Reports, SPC Charts, shift personnel's attendance, overtime, and disciplinary events.
- Recommends alterations and redesign of equipment through use of root cause analysis as they become either obsolete, or in need of alteration or redesign.
- Directs, supervises, and develops personnel to meet or exceed goals and objectives such as production output, scrap rates, material utilization, and regrind usage. Also recommends promotions, demotions and disciplinary action of subordinates.
- Directs, supervises, and develops the personnel within his responsibility with regard to the quality of the product to NAPCO standards, to include testing and record keeping.
- Oversees the effective and timely change over of production lines to meet customer requirements.
- Maintains self-appearance, morals, comments, gestures, befitting a representative of NAPCO.
- Conducts actions on the job with professionalism.
- Attend Supervisor’s meetings as required.
- Responsible for the total housekeeping of plant during the work shift and enforcing all housekeeping policies.
- Any other duties assigned by his immediate supervisor.