At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Supervises all the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function during assigned shift. Assumes authority for personnel actions and oversees most day to day operations to a group of professionals or skilled operational and technical employees. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and assist the Production Manager in the processing of Customer products. Contributes to the performance management of shift personnel and addresses issues pertaining to training, wages, hiring and terminating. Position is on the third shift. 6:00pm - 6:00am
- Implements operational tactics and plans by collecting, analyzing and preparing reports for review by appropriate company management.
- Ensures Customer product is properly received through monitoring movement and storage of unprocessed and processed product in a manner to permit accurate tracking and eliminate product damage.
- Ensures Customer product is processed according to specified procedure by maintaining machines and equipment for proper operation and minimized downtime and deviations; perform minor repairs when needed until maintenance is required for more complex repairs.
- Leads assigned staff through coaching, counseling, motivating and disciplining as needed; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; directing and maintaining activities designed to achieve and maintain high employee morale; fostering intra- and inter-department cooperation.
- Maintains mechanical and technical skills, knowledge and abilities by attending workshops, reviewing trade publications and participating in training operators and material handlers to conduct minor, basic repairs to equipment, machinery, etc.
- Maintains a safe, clean and secure working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations; monitoring all safety and security systems and procedures on a regular basis; advising management of unsafe work practices or conditions; supporting plant safety meetings that evaluate plant machinery, equipment and working conditions.
- Drives safe working behavior by demonstrating and promoting safe work performance, ensuring effective communications and recognitions, as well as identifying and anticipating safety training needs, and counseling and training employees. Leads by example.
- Ensures compliance with Corporate QSRC and GMP procedures by monitoring established programs; monitoring production and scheduling activities on a daily basis; maintaining frequent contact with Production Manager, Quality and Maintenance staff.
Duties - cont'd
- Contributes to organizational communications by maintaining frequent coordination with Production Manager to review methods and approaches to effective implementation of work instructions, to freely exchange of ideas, to review shift activities and paperwork and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings with shift personnel. Ensures continuity of production from shift to shift by communicating person-to-person daily with other shift supervisors including discussion of safety, processing, maintenance or quality problems occurring during the preceding shift.
- Supports appropriate processing documentation by assisting Validation Technician as needed.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner to provide timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers of assistance.
- Provides protection to employees by promoting personal protection and issuing monitoring devices in hazardous areas as required by safety rules and laws.
- Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
- Exhibits a commitment to Lean principles and continuous improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customers’ needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customers’ needs with a sense of urgency.
- Supports Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities in conjunction with maintenance to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and meet Customer requirements for processing of product.
- Ensures Customer satisfaction through professional and timely communications with internal and external Customers and effective problem resolution.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of lead or supervisory experience in an operations/production position with FDA and/or ISO and/or regulated industry with strong Customer focus.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Above average organizing and analyzing skill and Level 2 math skill (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans; attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties, responsibilities, and stressful situations.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitude or judgements; ability to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
- Assists management in determining needs and provides training for reports.
- Makes decisions utilizing multi-discipline knowledge and experience.
- Recommends solutions to increasing efficiency of operations.
- Recommends departmental staffing requirements.
- Assists in resolving departmental employee issues.
- Assists in resolving Customer service and quality issues.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.