Primary function of a Sales Assistant is to assist the Account Executives in their daily sales and client servicing efforts. The Sales Assistant must develop a working knowledge of the processes required to enter, maintain, and complete revisions on all sales orders. This includes proficiency in sales support related computer programs and sales resource tools. Performing data entry accurately and consistently according to specific program requirements and adhering to internal deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Account Executives in the sales process, from prospecting to closing and client servicing, utilizing: TIM, Eclipse, Strata, Salesforce, Yangaroo and sales resource tools.
- Enter and maintain spot orders in Strata / TIM, process revisions, fixed programming and make goods, compare Traffic confirmations to AE’s / client’s original order instructions.
- Support AE’s on advanced advertising orders: Addressable Advertising, Digital Solutions, Optimized Linear, News 12.com, Traffic & Weather, VOD and Production services.
- Update Salesforce account teams, create Opportunities, submit Requests, maintain pitched pending and provide information for AE’s and Sales Managers as requested.
- Work with local Traffic department when making revisions, rescheduling missed spots, submitting ad copy, scheduling high profile fixed programming and inventory gridding.
- Monitor Yangaroo site uploads, review order details, verify naming conventions, notify the AE’s when client orders are received and prepare ad copy instructions for Traffic.
- Assist AE’s with client credit card payments, check processing, logging and forwarding checks to lock box according to office and AMS Credit & Collection Policy.
- Assist AE’s by sending client airtimes as requested, apply for a Notary Public commission in order to notarize monthly client invoices, and prepare for mailing to clients or agencies.
- Answer phones according to phone policy, take and distribute messages, communicate with clients and agencies, interact, correspond with clients on AE’s behalf as requested.
- Assist AE’s with organizing their client files, maintain common office files, and perform general office duties: distributing mail, copying, filing and faxing.
- Create PowerPoint slides for sales packages, network programming, special events and promotions.
- Maintain AE’s supply of media kits, market profiles, zone maps, network descriptions and programming information.
- Utilize sales resources: Ad Mall, Media Monitors, Polk data, and Showseeker to provide information and fulfill AE’s requests.
- Handle special projects and perform other duties as assigned by Sales Support Supervisor or Sales Managers.
- Participate in and successfully complete all assigned training and development courses within course assignment deadlines.
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- 1 year prior experience in sales support, marketing, advertising or related fields.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess time management skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Being flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing work environment.
- Salesforce, Strata, TIM, Eclipse knowledge a plus.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.