Job Number: 201823
Department: Information Security and Privacy
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results? Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
This position provides day-to-day leadership and supervision for information security/privacy program development, information security/privacy standards oversight, information security/privacy analysis, audit and support, computer incident response and information security/privacy training and awareness to protect patient, provider, employee, and business information as required by the HIPAA privacy and security rules, the HITECH Act, the FTC Red Flag Rule, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, and other applicable regulations and laws (including applicable state laws).
- Program Development and Execution: Manage and develop the Information Security/Privacy program, including strategy, policies, process, and metrics. Identify and assess emerging information risks, adjusting plan accordingly. Collect and monitor information security/privacy metrics, assessing the health of the program.
- Information Security Capabilities: Identify, prioritize, and implement services and products to enable or improve information security/privacy capabilities (e.g., identity management, disaster recovery, compliance monitoring, intrusion prevention, awareness and education).
- Information Risk and Vulnerability Management: Oversee internal and external security/privacy risk and vulnerability assessments, recommend/implement approved countermeasures. Partner with stakeholders to communicate recommendations and develop agreed upon action plans
- People Management: Build and develop an efficient and effective information security/privacy team, including people management responsibilities (hiring/termination, goal setting, coaching, performance reviews).
- Vendor management: Manage onsite and offsite vendors in providing products and services related to the information security/privacy program. Includes contract negotiations, budget management, and evaluation of service and support.
- The equivalent of a four year college degree in information systems, network management or a related field and at least 3 years of information security and/or privacy experience.
- Working knowledge of Information Security/Privacy regulatory requirements and standards, such as PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, NIST, COBIT, ITIL and ISO are required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and clear analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must have experience with talent assessment and performance management.
Preferred: Industry standard security/privacy certifications such as (CISSP, HCISPP) experience in developing and executing a health care information security/privacy program. Information security risk and vulnerability assessment methodologies, Information security awareness and education, Incident response planning and execution, Familiarity with investigations and computer forensics.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.