Job ID#: 25555BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Supervisor, Software Developer (Special Projects)
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position serves as a supervisor and exercises considerable latitude in determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to design, develop and/or modify enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications to achieve predetermined long- range goals and objectives. Formulates long-range plans for application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. The position is also responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Serves as spokesperson for project and/or program and acts as advisor to management and customers on the development, integration and deployment of software applications within the computing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and direct the work of Engineers/Developers and oversee their output for consistency and accuracy.
- Plan and schedule work assignments for the team. Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems.
- Provide leadership and act as an advisor for determining technical objectives for user requirements and specifications and plan for enterprise software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development encompasses end-user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed long-range plans for the implementation of software solutions including language, coding, platform, resource requirements, testing, and documentation.
- Plan and coordinate the deployment of enterprise applications including cross-platform compliance while insuring the availability of necessary resources.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging, maintenance, and updating to ensure viability in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Serve as project and/or program spokesperson; act as an advisor to management and customers on enterprise software matters, communicate with the software developer group(s), and publish and present technical papers. Responsible for generating additional sources of revenue and may have program management responsibilities.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, four or more years of experience with a master's degree, or two or more years with a PhD.
- DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory and have applied that knowledge in the development of new principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated project and/or program leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more areas of software development.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems. Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret