Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 74892BR Date posted 10/19/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Supervisor, Software Engineering to be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Control & Diagnostic Systems (CDS) is a dynamic engineering organization focused on the development and certification of military, commercial and industrial gas turbine engine control, and diagnostic systems. CDS is responsible for all aspects of Pratt & Whitney engine control and diagnostic system development including: requirements analysis & definition, system & software architecture, algorithm design, and product software design, verification & validation. We integrate design across engine system modules with the air vehicles, and provide support throughout the complete engine product life cycle.
The Engine Diagnostics Prognostics Health Management (DPHM) Team is seeking an energetic, technical, collaborative individual to lead a team of Engineers focused on airframe to avionics integration, and data wrangling from a variety of aircraft data acquisition systems flown on our customer airlines' airframes. Data wrangling includes: conversion of flight data from binary to Engineering units; the merging of data sets; the validation of the data and storage to an enterprise accessible system. The team is also responsible for data acquisition requirements for on-board avionics systems. The work is tightly integrated with Engineers making use of the latest in machine learning in a Hadoop environment. He/she will lead their team to generate the highest value from every employee while maintaining a high level of technical ability.
- Drive improvement activities to data requirements development, validation procedures and standardization across commercial engines.
- Supervise a team of Engineers to provide easily accessible tools to visualize the health of the data - both from a macro level and at a level of a specific flight.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with Performance Systems Analysts, Engine Health Management teams and Information Technologies to collaborate on initiatives to improve data integrity.
- Manage Engineering team to resolve data consistency and data integrity issues with assistance of Information Technologies and Engine Services.
- Present to Component Integrated Product Teams responsible for various sections of the engine.
- Design strategies for ingesting data from new airframes, new engines, new data sources.
- Utilize Achieving Competitive Excellence(ACE) Tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events to improve data wrangling processes and reduce data issues. (ACE is UTC's process improvement standard work - much like Six Sigma).
- Demonstrate reliability, initiative, and desire to learn.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 1 year of experience in Data Acquisition Systems, Matlab, or Python
- 1 year of supervisory experience in Engineering
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in avionics
- Knowledge of turbine engine fundamentals
- Knowledge of avionics data bus protocols such as ARINC 429, ARINC 664
- Hadoop environment knowledge and experience
- Experience utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Excel
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.