What you will do
A Johnson Controls Fire Install Team Supervisor will be the leader for the successful execution of Installation projects. You will be responsible for the assignment and coordination of people and materials necessary for the prompt and complete installation of jobs primarily including Electronic Systems and/or Fire Sprinkler within an assigned territory. Develops and builds on current capabilities to prepare team members for successful job performance and installation requirements.
How you will do it
You will be the leader setting the project execution strategy while leading a team of professionals in the tasks noted below; providing guidance and coaching to deliver to the installation business customer and company financial obligations:
- Lead the team members in all aspects of JCI Safety commitments and policies
- Plan, schedule, supervise and control installations.
- Detailed tracking of material and rental procurement for installations.
- Project Management functions on installation projects.
- Manage field resources to align with current and future project needs and customer obligations
- Participate in selection process and onboarding of new team members
- Manage apprentice program requirements for team members
- Inspect project sites for safety, progress and accuracy
- Attend construction meetings as needed
- Participate in monthly forecasting and financial planning activities
- Maintain internal and external customer relationships
- Ongoing mentoring and developing of team talent
- Prioritization and Multi-tasking management
What we look for
Experience: Minimum (3) three years of experience in management of project activities and industry experience preferred. Fire Alarm or Sprinkler experience preferred.
• Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, and speaking skills.
• Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
• Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal codes preferred.
• Computer fluency in Windows, Excel, and other Micro-Soft products.
• Preferred: NICET Level II Certification.
• Preferred: Bachelor's degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline.
• Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou