Chaloner has partnered with McDonald’s on the search for a Digital and Social Storyteller - Supervisor.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We are looking for a Digital and Social Storyteller - Supervisor to join our Story Lab team and help support the ultimate goal of the larger Global Communications team: ensuring the right messages get to the right people at the right time – regardless of whether that’s employees, franchisees, investors, media, suppliers or partners.
This person will serve as one of the front-line storytellers of McDonald’s narrative – the first, best source of information and perspectives – about our food, people, planet and business. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, organized and collaborative digital storyteller to join our team. The candidate should be a heavy user of a variety of social platforms with an intuitive understanding of how to use social media to tell a story.
In this role, you will:
- Source stories throughout the McDonald’s system and craft them into digital first storytelling experiences (Including blog posts and social media posts)
- Create daily social posts to accompany Story Lab blog posts
- Proofread and copy edit all content for grammar, syntax and content
- Manage the editorial calendar: (including but not limited to the input of all upcoming content, modification of calendar with any and all changes from daily storytelling meetings, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage visual storytelling assets (photos, videos, graphics) in DAM system
- Jump in on larger team projects in any capacity with a can-do attitude
- Contribute to ongoing editorial planning process
- Consistently monitor the content landscape for emerging trends and culturally relevant processes and pitch new, creative story ideas and storytelling tactics
- A deep interest in the McDonald’s business and excitement for the brand
- Passion about other people’s stories and a desire to tell them, as well an interest in social and digital trends
- Ability to apply an audience-first lens to editorial strategy and content production.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment. Is flexible, collaborative, and deadline driven
- Experience managing high-profile social accounts and a passion for the ever changing landscape of the internet
- Proven track record of crafting and maintaining a consistent social voice
- Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately, quickly; prior copywriting experience a plus
- Experience in social media for a major brand (In-house or agency experience)
- Experience interviewing and reporting
- Experience maintaining an editorial calendar
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.