At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at www.rjet.com.
Develops and manages short and long-term processes, as well as oversees employees that support Heavy Check and Material Planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides oversight and direction to all Heavy Check Material Coordinators pertaining to their responsibilities.
- Participates in the Daily Operations meetings to provide oversite of requested material.
- Provides monthly and quarterly service levels and the operational performance matrix.
- Trains new employees on Heavy Check processes.
- Works directly with Heavy Check management to evaluate current processes and to establish additional ones to enhance the operation.
- Oversees/Reviews all invoices from the Heavy Check Providers, to include Daily stock transfer
- Alerts supply management team of any issues of aging aircraft that could have potential delays in production; provides solutions to avoid, including any issues with Material Planning that affect the operation.
- Ensures that proper communications are maintained within Heavy Check
- Provides technical leadership to team and department members. Leads through example; monitors, influences and trains others. Provides input to supervisor on performance reviews and helps to identify development needs.
- Reviews/oversees all material requested, creates stock transfers and purchase orders. Ensures required parts are available on-site when and where they are needed using strategic purchasing methods.
- Performs strategic sourcing of parts.
- Reviews, researches and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Pulls AIPC for reference of all new parts that have been requested by maintenance.
- Examines and reports on trends for various parts as needed.
- Monitor the prompt shipment of removed cores to the applicable vendors for return of serviceable units for the next schedule maintenance or back to materials inventory.
- Monitor shipment, condition and completeness of Heavy Check orders from initial starting point to final destination. Alerts Materials of any discrepancies for prompt resolution with vendor.
- Cover for Sick calls, Vacation, ETC and have a clear working knowledge of the Heavy Check in all locations. In regards to process improvements and any short falls, you might encounter.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Requires at least 1 year of experience as a heavy maintenance check coordinator, material planning or equivalent experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in aviation, engineering or related field. Prefers at least 3 years of Heavy check coordinator or Material Planning or equivalent work for an airline. At least 1 Year of Leadership experience or training.
Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical information such as manufacturer’s manuals, parts manuals and technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal customers, vendors and management. Able to effectively present information to vendors and management.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes decisions daily on use of resources. Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Able to travel up to 55% of the time, including overnight travel.