Primary LocationCA-San Francisco
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
TravelYes, 5 % of the Time
Summary of the Position:
We have an excellent opportunity for a Supervisory Analyst in the Operation Team of Large Institutions Supervision (LIS). The Supervisory Analyst supports a wide range of operational and administrative activities and projects for multiple supervisory teams within the LIS group. The Supervisory Analyst uses business knowledge and analytical abilities to provide recommendations that drive business decisions, and leads the implementations of those solutions and strategies. In addition, the Supervisory Analyst performs other duties to support the LIS supervisory teams and leadership, as necessary.
- Leads projects and activities to address business needs. Develops, monitors, and analyzes metrics to ensure business/project effectiveness.
- Defines and executes thoughtful and strategic solutions that tackle operational inefficiencies, identify gaps and/or improve current processes that will benefit the group’s operations.
- Develops recommendations, insights, future needs and strategic and/or tactical plans to support decisions based on broad data and knowledge of business operations.
- Partners and coordinates with cross-functional teams to ensure successful completion of activities and projects.
- Prepares and delivers focused and thoughtful reports, persuasive presentations or other correspondence to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Develops and executes new and existing quality management activities.
- Delivers training, consultation and guidance to management and employees on business processes, procedures, tools, reports, IT systems, etc.
- Assists with other business needs and operational and administrative projects as they arise.
Training and Technical Skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Works well with constant priority changes while executing effectively and consistently.
- Experience working independently to complete tasks and projects.
- Experience collecting, transforming, analyzing, and reporting complex data to drive business decisions.
- Identifies effective and efficient solutions for complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious and uses critical thinking to drive for superior results.
- Experience working cross-functionally to meet project and stakeholder needs
- Effectively communicate moderate to complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in the use of visualization software (e.g., Tableau, SharePoint, etc.) is beneficial but not required.
- Experience in Project Management, process improvement and/or Analytical Methodologies (i.e., Six Sigma) is beneficial but not required.
- Financial institution supervision experience and knowledge of Federal Reserve System-level activities is beneficial but not required.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.