The VA Western Colorado Health Care System is seeking a Psychiatrist – Medication Management Section Chief
The VA Western Colorado Health Care System in Grand Junction is seeking a section chief to supervise and provide leadership to a team of mental health professionals to include psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
Offers an academic appointment – Supervise and teach residents from University of Colorado.
Ideal Candidate: Strong ability to provide leadership and strategic direction, while maintaining a educational program and advancing clinical care for patients.
- Full and unrestricted MD/DO license (from any state)
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Successful history of leadership and academic accomplishments
- Must be highly motivated, team-oriented, committed to mental health care, residents, student education; research and have a focus on process improvement.
- 26 days paid annual vacation/personal leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- 13 days of wellness leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Liability Protection
- Life, health, long term care insurance and retirement benefits
- Direct Federal membership to the AMA without dues
The VA Western Colorado Health Care System serves 37,000 veterans residing on the Western Slope. The VA Western Colorado Health Care System consists of one facility located in the city of Grand Junction; a Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Montrose, serving the southwestern Colorado counties; and a telehealth outreach clinic in Craig, serving northwestern Colorado and southwestern Wyoming. The VHCS operates 53 beds comprised of 23 acute care and 30 Transitional Care Unit beds. The VHCS provides primary and secondary care including acute medical, surgical, and psychiatric inpatient services, as well as a full range of outpatient services. The VHCS was the recipient of the 2001 Presidential Award for Quality and the 1999 Robert W. Carey Quality Award Trophy. It is the first and only organization ever in VA to earn the Presidential Award for Quality.
What will you find living in Grand Junction? Awe-inspiring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument. Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping or skiing on the Grand Mesa. Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails such as the Kokopelli Trail. Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River. Stunning golf courses whose green fairways are juxtaposed against the craggy Redland desert.
Interested: Please contact Sam Wainscott at 915-238-2168 or submit a curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org