The Supervisory Teller, under limited supervision is responsible for not only performing the duties of a teller but overseeing the work of the teller line, ensuring the operational effectiveness of the unit, as well as the deliverance of exceptional customer service at each point of contact. The incumbent in this position delegates and monitors work assignments, trains new hires, provides guidance and coaching to staff and assists with the daily workflow. The Supervisory Teller resolves customer service issues and offers advice to clients regarding Bank products/services and refers them to the appropriate branch colleague in order to provide suitable financial solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the day to day operations of the teller line by delegating and monitoring work assignments; provides necessary resources that allow tellers to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in their positions.
- Provides technical guidance to staff regarding customer service, operating and regulatory procedures.
- Cross-trains teller staff to assist with additional tasks.
- Ensures that exceptional customer service is being delivered at all times by coaching and motivating tellers to identify opportunities that enhance client relationships.
- Processes teller transactions that range from routine to advanced, including check cashing, large withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; interacts with customers in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Identifies and resolves customer service issues and troubleshoots complex problems, engages branch management when necessary.
- Utilizes strong knowledge of Bank products and services to effectively assist customers; identifies sales opportunities, promotes bank products/services by directing customers to the appropriate colleague within the branch, meeting assigned referral goals.
- Ensures compliance with operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures, in order to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of client; safeguard assigned cash and negotiable instruments.
- Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures; assists with daily proof.
- Acts as a key security agent within branch and must be knowledgeable of Bank's hold-up procedures.
- Adheres to the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works weekends/extended hours and at neighboring branch locations when necessary.
- Conducts monthly audits of teller's cash and maintains branch logs.
- Assists with the opening and closing of the Bank vault.
- Assists with the daily ATM proof.
- Schedules teller breaks and assists in preparing work schedules.
- Provides verbal and written teller counseling when required.
- Evaluates tellers and provides written appraisals when required.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required in teller role; previous supervisory experience helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to clearly communicate and explain policies, procedures and banking floor products/services to tellers and customers.
- Ability to train and develop staff, as well as assist tellers and provide transaction approvals when necessary.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of all banking floor products/services.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach, counsel and motivate tellers.
- Displays courteous and friendly behavior.
- Basic math skills.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and late on Thursdays.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask effectively.
- Displays sound judgment and discretion when utilizing confidential information.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.