Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Supplier Engineer II
About the Role:
Supplier Engineer II in the Spencer Supplier Engineering Team: This job concentrates on supplier process changes, design improvements, and technical support for all purchased electrical BOM components. The Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Supports and interfaces with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Marketing, and works with external vendors to develop standard and custom devices used in Boston Scientific products.
- Exercises sound problem solving and decision-making processes to make decisions in the face of ambiguous circumstances.
- Investigates, researches, and selects electronic circuits, semiconductors, and PCBA components to meet design requirements. Partners with suppliers to define their process, tools, equipment and ongoing controls.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience with a master’s degree in a related industry with demonstrated ability to solve electrical engineering problems
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be self-driven and self-motivated to learn and use that knowledge to produce results.
- Experience with the Medical Device industry.
- Educational background or direct experience with cable harnesses and PCBAs that includes layout design, component selection and termination techniques.
- Previous experience in working with suppliers directly.
- A sound demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies and DOE.
- Direct experience with Systems Engineering.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 468462