Responsible for the quality monitoring and corrective action feedback for external suppliers and co-packers/manufacturers. Ensures compliance of PVM suppliers and copackers with PVM quality and food safety requirements, procedures, compliance to laws and technical standards applicable to Food Industry as well to compliance to Group’s policies. Works collaboratively with Manufacturing & R&D (raw materials) and Packaging Development (packaging materials) to define quality priorities with suppliers, improvements needed, communication with suppliers. Works with SC to ensure clear message with suppliers and current quality issues are visible.
Responsible for conducting the quality and food safety audits for current and new, proposed RM & PM suppliers to ensure compliance.
- To develop and implement the supplier and copackers production approval process. To audit the suppliers and copackers for PVM quality and food safety requirements based on Group policies and local PVM requirements. Develop the list requirements for supplier and manage implementation of the requirements in PVM technical documentation system. Request necessary documents from suppliers for entry into technical documentation system. Monitor the list of approved RM and PM suppliers, list of approved copackers
- To inform suppliers and copackers about PVM Quality and FS requirements, to develop appendix to the contract based on Group and PVM USA requirements. Ensure proper communication of quality and food safety requirements to suppliers and copackers from SC/Procurement team. Ensure timely update of PVM requirements for suppliers and copackers, to ensure proper update of requirements in contracts.
- To develop and distribute PVM methods of quality PM and RM monitoring to suppliers and copackers, including monitoring plan and quality documents to ensure continued quality and food safety of Raw Material and Finished Goods.
- Manage RM and PM non-compliances, PVM complaints management, share the claims to suppliers, co-packers, monitor responses and Corrective Action development. Monitor performance of the Corrective Actions with supplier and copackers and perform surveillance audits based on Group requirements and policies. Provide education program for suppliers and copackers for quality PM, RMand services improvement. Support regular review of supplierperformance assessment with SC and relevant colleagues.
- Monitor Quality of Materials that are delivered to the plant and any holds and collaborate with R&D and Packaging Development on improvement strategy to ensure consistent supply of ingredients to the ERL plant.
- Support NPD and Regulatory colleagues with supplier’s request of necessary information for new products development and sales, based on Group requirements. With R&D and Regulatory providing advice on additives, raw materials and food law.
- Degree (2 or 4 year) in Science, Food Science, Micro, Chem, or Bio.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Supplier audits within the food industry preferred.
- Experience in ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 audits, certificate of internal or Lead auditor is preferred.
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multitask, set up priorities, to meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills and negotiating ability
- High degree of self-organization and detail-orientation
- Manages confidential information
- Quick learner of new concepts in different areas
- Certifications, Risk Assessments/HACCP, Quality KPI's, GMP, Quality improvements, traceability, recall, crisis management, food defense
- Quality Control activities (e.g. incoming goods QC, process QC, FG QC, PAQL’s, Quality inspection)
- Management of Allergens, GMO, RSPO, halal and kosher including cross-contamination
- Analytical Lab (development and validation of analytical methods, support to the business in the area of analytical chemistry)
- RM and PM Supplier performance evaluations
- RM and PM supplier audits (local, regional and global suppliers)
- 3PM and Co-packer Quality
- RM, PM Specification and data management including DevEx (PDR)
- Co-packers quality files and documents management
- 3PM facilities, co-packer facilities, warehouses (internal and external), RM & PM suppliers’ audits in scope: Quality, Food safety.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is an EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer