Enerpac is a global market leader in high-pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. We manufacture products, from the smallest hydraulic cylinder to complete computer-operated lifting and positioning systems. Our focus is to provide customers with the most extensive line of products and accessories that maximize force-to increase productivity and make work safer and easier to perform.
Enerpacis wholly owned by Actuant Corporation. Actuant Corporation is a diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company’s website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Columbus, WI
Contributes to Supplier management of Enerpac ECOs and Non-conforming, permanent corrective actions with suppliers. Is primary supporting resource to implement (changing) Supplier Quality requirements with our supplier and to support NPD, APQP requirements as they relate to supplier process controls.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate communication with Enerpac US, Supplier Quality and QA depts on all ECOs and Supplier Non-conforming parts, Supplier corrective actions and Continuous Improvement activities & with China Suppliers
- Communicate and manage relationships between Enerpac and China Suppliers in conjunction with Supply Chain Leader relative to Supplier Quality Improvement activities and Supplier Quality continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Enerpac QA, Supplier Quality and Engineering together with China suppliers to assess and ensure supplier capability to meet established performance objectives including:
- Facilitating implementation of ECO’s with suppliers
- Coordination with MRB (Material Review Board) timely disposition of suspect materials from suppliers in China
- Timely facilitating of supplier requests for deviation approval
- Work with suppliers to improve supplier performance metrics relative to Supplier PPMs and scorecards.
- Lead and/or the Supply Chain group’s contributions to new product development launches and our APQP, Product Out process.
- Interact with AIC Sourcing and (other) AIC Supplier Quality team members and Global QA departments
Skills and Competencies
- Lead problem solving and quality improvement activities with suppliers including: VA/VE and DFM disciplines, 8-D (or equivalent) problem solving techniques and 6-sigma disciplines
- Knowledge/experience with:
- Manufacturing processes, metal cutting, plastic injection molding, metal fabrication, electronics
- Proficiency reading engineering drawings and specifications
- Quality Management Systems, able to do training as needed with suppliers - required
- Experienced with improvement tools including: Process capability analysis, DOE, FMEAS, Manufacturing Control Plans, value stream mapping & process flow diagrams - required
- Lead teams - lead and empower team members proven facilitation skills
- Use resourcefulness and initiative to make decisions and take actions, including risk reduction and contingencies planning, to avoid material shortages or losses, keeping abreast of market trends, alternative processes, new technologies costs and other related factors - preferred
- Work independently and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment - required
- Analytical and personal computing skills, specifically using Microsoft Office Applications ERP systems
- Communication skills in oral and written form
- Working Knowledge of Oracle applications is a plus preferred
Education and Experience
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years’ experience in the manufacturing processing of raw materials, manufactured components and mechanical equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience Requirements: experience in establishing and maintaining business relationships with suppliers to enhance short and long term quality improvements;
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations, including traveling by air/auto to remote sites. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in front of a personal computer and telephone for long periods of time.
Primary work environment is temperature controlled office setting but may also be visiting different manufacturing facilities where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required. Employee is exposed to elevated levels of noise on the plant floor.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer