Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for working with Facebook’s global manufacturing partners to develop and implement world class supplier quality programs for CPUs and GPUs used in Facebook Server, Storage and Networking products.
1. Responsible for managing end-to-end quality, working closely with suppliers and internal teams to assure new product readiness and ensure performance meets the key Facebook quality and reliability metrics.
2. Responsible for Supply Chain and Data Center quality excursion management through root cause analysis while driving implementation and validation of process improvement and corrective actions.
3. Develop and implement Supplier quality programs including continuous quality improvement initiatives.
4. Use reliability prediction tools and techniques to evaluate product reliability performance on new products.
5. Perform regular audits of Supplier manufacturing facilities.
6. Monitor supplier’s adherence to new product introduction schedules to ensure predictable and stable mass production volume ramp.
7. Conduct supplier capability and technology roadmap assessments to assist supply chain and hardware teams in vendor selection.
8. Create and maintain all production process and quality documentation.
9. Review all supplier product, process and engineering change notifications.
10. 10% International travel may be required.
11. BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent.
12. 5+ years experience in xPU design, fabrication, test, application or product engineering.
13. In-depth understanding of xPU validation, functionality, test and reliability.
14. Experience with advanced logic foundry process, assembly process integration and packaging technologies.
15. Knowledge of reliability test procedures and Weibull modeling/predictive modeling for annual failure rates.
16. Experience with statistical analysis, design simulation and reliability analysis tools.
17. Experience with design of experiment, root cause analysis and resolve problems on a conceptual and advanced troubleshooting level.
18. Proven understanding of quality systems, audit experience and knowledge of statistical quality tools to drive and assist suppliers in continuous improvement initiatives.
19. Experience working with and managing off shore contract manufacturers.
20. Proven communication skills.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.