Six plus month assignment, with conversion opportunity. Monday - Friday, 40/hrs.
Summary: Responsible for supplier quality, supporting procurement, and supporting supplier development improvements.
-Performs supplier audits, source inspections, and supplier performance analysis activities.
- Use technical process expertise and experiences inCircuit Card Assemblies(CCA) (including competency in assembly methods, component manufacturing, functional testing, and ESD) to drive successful launch of supplied components and actively work with commodity suppliers on process and quality management system continuous improvement.
- Work with suppliers in 3 key supplier development value streams:
- On-site assessment and evaluation of potential supplier manufacturing capability and quality system competency
- Component risk analysis based on design, manufacturing, and customer requirement complexity
- Manufacturing Design Feasibility Review as part of RFQ process
- Product Realization
- Lead Product Realization (e.g. APQP) elements of identified high risk components with the supplier to ensure quality requirements.
- Utilize appropriate administrative tools to track and document launch progress
Ensure supplier First article Inspection packages are submitted to project timing requirements with 100% site approval first pass yield
- Supplier Performance
- Lead commodity supplier metrics and conduct monthly scorecard of assigned suppliers with site supplier quality leads
- 30%+ travel and ability to travel with less than 48hr notice – mostly East Coast, but there are a couple of Mid-West sites. Client will book the travel, car rental, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints with GD&T background
-U.S. Citizenship required
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.