Requisition ID: 256501
Store #: O00140 Qlty Admin - 1ICON FHR
Oakley. Designed to push the boundaries of performance. From advanced eyewear technology to apparel innovation, Oakley sets itself apart from the rest. Backed by the power of Luxottica, our athletes and customers expect the best in sports performance and Oakley employees help to fuel this drive
The Quality Engineer manages supplier quality.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works independently to establish quality criteria, plan for implementation, and execute quality plans for all products. Includes inspection planning (PPIP), sample approvals (FAS & LS) and training on requirements.
- Completes supplier surveys and associated supplier approvals.
- Implements required quality metrics and uses that data to address supplier improvement and concerns.
- Effectively problem solves production issues as they arrive, related to materials, components, or packaging product.
- Travels independently throughout the supply base to address issues and concerns, adjusting to different work environments at suppliers’ facilities.
- Heads up efforts for nonconforming material review and corrective action assignment to the suppliers.
- Supports the Supplier Quality Manager in carrying out higher level requirements and projects.
- Interfaces with upper management and provides needed feedback for important decisions.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree an Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Engineering within a plastics manufacturing/processing environment
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. mini-tab, etc.)
- Exhibits a solid product and manufacturing process knowledge base and have growth potential to lead small teams (2-3 people)
- Good problem solver - can work independently to make important decisions
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Quality systems, Quality process controls, material performance testing
- General understanding of Advance Quality Planning, e.g. AIAG PPAP’s
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and sound statistical application in areas such as DOE, sampling techniques, regression, reliability, FMEA, hypothesis testing etc.
- Experience in Polymer, and Coatings
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certification
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.