Position Title :: Supplier Quality Engineer
Duration :: 6 Months
Locations :: Goleta, California 93117 United States
Using a developed knowledge of a supplier's implemented process control and inspection planning effectiveness, this Engineer will aggressively work to reduce the non-value added expense associated with MariPro receiving inspection and purchased material along with program support. This Engineer will be expected to work with our suppliers to improve OTD and ZDP performance and facilitate production cost and lead time reduction.Understand the factors which, both positively and negatively, affect our suppliers ability to deliver compliant parts, on time.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the capabilities and capacities of their assigned suppliers, as a basis for improvement project recommendations.
- Ensure the most advantageous utilization of our current qualified supplier base in support of the MariPros goals and objectives.
- Work with MariPros Purchasing Organization to identify capable and interested second sources, ready to provide a competitive option.
- Champion inter and intra-company cross-functional Engineering activities throughout the entire product lifecycle, including:
- Information flow (RFQs, production progress updates, risk and mitigation activity, shipping/receiving process)
- Quality (QE, contractual requirements flow down, process control monitoring, incoming inspection planning)
- Manufacturing (Manufacturing Readiness Reviews, production floor assembly method considerations, material handling, fixturing, testing plans)
- Design Engineering (prototype to production translation, material selection, tolerancing, target dimension considerations, manufacturability and reliability).
- Serve as an advocate to suppliers when at MariPro and represent MariPro business interests when working with these suppliers.
- Establish effective internal systems and processes to track supplier performance metrics.
- Monitor supplier performance and facilitate improvement projects using MariPro KPIs as a basis for prioritization and maintain total internal and external customer awareness.
- Support the receipt and processing of purchased material.
- Support the annual QMS.
- The SQE will also be providing program support as needed.
- Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
- Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
- Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
- Conduct other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Qualifications:
5+ years supplier quality engineering knowledge or experience required
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Management or other related field preferred, equivalent experience considered Continuous improvement focus. Ability to investigate issues, problem solve, and prevent future problems from occurring
- Working knowledge of IS0 9001 and AS9100 principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the need of the customer
- Able to work independently, prioritizing work to meet objectives and expectations accurately and efficiently
- Works well with all levels inside and outside of the organization: management, peers, and suppliers. Able to work collaboratively
- Ability to represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) experience desired, preferably with Deltek Costpoint
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
- Frequent travel to suppliers may be needed
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days