Qualified potential and existing external suppliers of direct materials and services (DMS). Quality surveillance at supplier manufacturing site. Perform supply quality issue resolution including supplier claims preparation. Lead supplier performance evaluation and supplier quality development activities. Establish and maintain local supplier quality related procedures and practices, based on global procedures and secure full supplier management in ProSupply.
- Supplier (company) qualification and Assessment (audit): Drive the supplier qualification/re-qualification process and ensure the supply base is and remain fully qualified and compliant. Support supplier onboarding (buyer responsible). Plan and conduct, or ensure, required supplier assessments including assessment reporting and non-conformance reporting. Verify effective closure of assessment non-conformances, by the supplier. Ensures each supplier is in compliance with the ABB Supplier Code of Conduct, ethics and corporate governance, ABB standards and applicable regulatory requirements. Ensure every supplier is linked to a GUID and all master data OK.
- Supplier product qualification and surveillance: Schedule, monitor and approve supplier part, material and project subcontractor service activities, as applicable. Note: requires often close coordination with other functions/experts like engineering and where applicable includes PPAP, Production Part Approval process. Perform required product surveillance at supplier manufacturing site.
- Issue resolution and claims: Operationally lead and fast execute upcoming issues like quality issues, late deliveries, non-conforming products or project services. For any issue with likely root cause supplier, prepare a claims case for the responsible buyer.
- Supplier Development: Develop and support targeted suppliers to achieve conformance with ABB requirements and continual improvement in quality, e.g. reduction of variation; sustainability, service/delivery performance. Note: the buyer is overall responsible for delivery performance and cost reduction. Decision to develop a supplier to be done in close cooperation with concerned category manager and execution, where possible, to be funded by the supplier.
- Supplier performance evaluation/monitoring: Monitor and report supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions. Initiate and lead, or support, required Supplier Performance Evaluations and secure that the results are shared with the supplier (buyer responsible).
- Process and system development utilization: Define and develop with local unit counterparts (sourcing, quality, operations, RD/Technology) local quality procedures and practices. Ensure that defined systems and practices are in line with existing Group/Division/BU instructions and procedures. Ensure full and appropriate utilization of ProSupply+ according to global ABB procedure including required information for supplier classification by our category teams is available. Ensure full utilization of local system for reporting, monitoring and disposition of quality and on time deliver. Ensure supplier quality cost is reported according to ABB procedure.
- Associates Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a supply chain or quality role working with supplier quality issues
- Working knowledge of quality/manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Team cooperation and organizational skills are paramount
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or related field
- 5+ years of experience from a power protection work environment in a Supply Chain role or Quality role position
- 5+ years of experience in a high mix/low volume manufacturing company in a Supply Chain or Quality position
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic theory
- Knowledge of mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical components
- Knowledge of power related products