Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position:
We're hiring a Supplier Quality / Supplier Development Engineer - Standard Electronic Components / Semiconductors to work in our Troy, MI (relocation offered within the USA).
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Perform APQP activities for standard electronic components / ASIC / semiconductors and audit designer processes. Support Aptiv Operating System; proactive and early involvement initiatives; and the APQP process
- Interact with ASIC supplier quality and manufacturing organizations to resolve issues, confirm specification compliance, support introduction of ASICs through safe launch activities, and support device returns analysis
- Function as liaison between Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Suppliers to provide a proactive approach that fosters on-time, flawless product launches; resolve existing quality issues; and improve existing suppliers.
- Use data to evaluate electronic components / semiconductor supplier performance; develop and implement supplier improvement plans; and report key metrics to SCM leadership. Must have the ability to draw upon previous work experience to make judgment decisions that can impact Aptiv manufacturing plants or OEMs.
- Develop suppliers utilizing the tools available in the Aptiv Supplier Performance Development Process (SPDP) to drive both advanced quality planning and production activities. (i.e. Key Stakeholders Meetings; Technical Reviews; PPAP and Run at Rate Processes; Aptiv Problem Solver / Cost Recovery; etc.)
- Conduct supplier manufacturing capability assessments as appropriate and develop action plans to close gaps.
- Lead cross functional team in failure analysis and evaluate suppliers' corrective actions. Document problem solving activities and results to the Aptiv leadership.
- Assist selective suppliers in their journey to becoming lean, as well as, strengthen the relationship between the two companies.
- Serve as a catalyst for change and lean thinking within Aptiv's supply base.
- Improve suppliers' performance / manufacturing capabilities.
- Support and follow up on suppliers' continuous improvement activities.
- Assess planned implementation progress at supplier sites and develop the appropriate countermeasures to close gaps.
- Communicate supplier implementation progress and performance achievement to Aptiv leadership as required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, International and Domestic, sometimes on short notice
- Bachelors' - Engineering Degree
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality experience with electronic / semiconductor components.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience.
- 3 + years of experience in handling rejected parts and analyzing suppliers' corrective actions: 8D; 5 Why Analysis; Look Across.
- 3 + years of experience in auditing processes. Familiar with ISO-TS 16949 requirements.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Previous work experience in semiconductor manufacturing facility and an understanding of front end (FAB); back end (Packaging); or testing activities.
- Chemical Engineering preferred
- Electrical Engineering, Test Technician, and Systems background
- Experience with Semiconductor (Automotive or Aerospace) manufacturing and knowledge of failure analysis techniques for electronic parts.
- IATF 16949: 2016 second party auditor certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Shainin Journeyman.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, assertive, and accountable when working with suppliers and various cross-functional teams to drive flawless launches and resolve quality issues. Responsible for both pre-launch activities such as (Manufacturing Capability Assessments, Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments, PPAP, Run at Rate) and production activities (Problem Case Resolution, Supplier Change Requests, Problem Tracking, Problem Solving, Proactive and Reactive Containment).
- Document high-risk program activities and have extensive knowledge of AIAG requirements and documents such as PFMEAs, Control Plans.
Traits we seek:
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages:
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?