Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Troubleshoot and characterize electrical and mechanical components based on data sheets and drawing specifications.
2. Develop test methods and techniques for material evaluation under the guidance of an experienced technician or engineer. Train quality specialists as required.
3. Operate measurement equipment such as curve tracers, oscilloscopes, and digital multi-meters.
4. Prepare, conduct, and document reliability testing, under the guidance of an experienced technician or engineer.
5. Use x-ray system, scanning electron microscope, XRF instrumentation, and optical microscopes in support of component troubleshooting.
6. Assist engineers.
7. Learn and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Two-year associate degree in electronics technology or related field
Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits
Working knowledge of mechanical drawings, data sheets, specifications, and materials
Familiarity with modern test equipment
Excellent problem-solving skills
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
1+ year of experience in electronics, materials quality, manufacturing, or failure analysis
Familiarity with programing languages (C, C++, python, etc.)
Experience with computer equipment and operating systems
Working knowledge of electronic failure analysis
Working knowledge of reliability testing methods
Working knowledge of sheet metal, printed wiring boards, adhesives, and plastic components
ASQ Quality Technician certification
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.