Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Why Hotwire you ask? In short: We are eager and energetic. We love the journey as much as the destination. We love being part of the Expedia brands but stay true to ourselves.
You'll be joining Hotwire’s Supply Analytics team. This team is positioned as a retail analytics partner to the global supply organization, ensuring the health of Hotwire’s business model and to further identify future opportunity. We maximize the value of our inventory by evaluating where customers’ demand and hoteliers’ offer meets at best. The team is located in San Francisco and Seattle.
We are looking for an Analytics Manager who will help the business understand commercial performance, and to analyze underlying drivers for actionable insights. You provide insights and strategic guidance. To be successful in this position, you have strong business sense and a proven track record of a structured yet creative approach to problem solving. You are a self-starter and challenge the status quo. You will often times work with remotely located team members and across teams of broader analytics, strategy, marketing, product and supply functions. You will be challenged within a friendly and supportive environment, and have plenty of opportunity to learn from & work with senior leadership team members.
Please note, this Manager will be working as an individual contributor on the team, and support major strategic initiatives with their expertise and skills.
- You jump into the deep-dive analysis to solve complete root cause of performance drivers for our supplier partners and commercial performance of the company. You provide recommendations accordingly.
- You look for revenue opportunities and build business cases for our supply team to act on.
- You lead end-to-end multi-functional projects, influencing the decision makers and partners.
- You support supply stakeholders during the strategic annual planning cycle and take on other projects throughout the year.
- You work on special requests & ad-hoc analysis. Our team follows an agile, sprint-based process.
- You contribute to supply analytics strategy and share standard methodologies and practices with team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics, mathematics, engineering or other quantitative discipline required.
- Master's degree, MBA/MS or PhD are preferred.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant analytics experience.
- Strong partner management skillset; show us that you can engage, inspire and influence.
- You are familiar with writing advanced SQL code and basic ETL.
- Familiarity with Excel, Tableau, Looker, or similar reporting tool.
- Familiarity with statistical tests.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities.
- A background with a premier management consulting company or similar internal consulting role within corporate environment is required.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
(keywords: analytics manager, manager of analytics, manager supply analytics, data analytics and insights manager)
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.