At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Maintain and sustain a proactive channel of communication with management regarding purchasing and inventory decisions impacting their business. Generate performance reports for underperforming product lines, and initiate resolution plan of action.
- Evaluates daily purchasing reports, prioritizes purchase orders by critical need; and ensures orders meet the optimal levels to maximize profit and sales. Obtains confirmations, verifies pricing and quantities, follows up with vendors to correct issues or re-request confirmations, attaches confirmations to POs, and manages confirmations record. Performs all purchase transactions for assigned categories.
- Obtains confirmations, verifies pricing and quantities, follows up with vendors to correct issues or re-request confirmations, attaches confirmations to POs, and manages confirmations record.
- Works the Back-Order Queue and Expedite Queue and keeps ship dates accurate for the field. Works with vendors for updated information regarding shipments.
- Conducts analysis and correction of price discrepancies utilizing accounting business partnerships.
- Leverages management input to ensure target freight levels are achieved to maximize profit margins.
- Evaluates and manages dead stock materials, no calc, and aged inventory. Manages inventory /fill rates for assigned categories.
- Negotiates prices with vendors. Proactively seeks out products/vendors in order to obtain best pricing as appropriate.
- Handles some commodity purchasing under the general direction of the Purchasing leader.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Broad-based procurement and inventory experience.
- Product experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS or BA preferred.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
- 401k with 50% company match
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance programs
- Short- and Long-Term Disability programs
- Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
- Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran