At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Eco-Products will be in the vanguard of our Zero Waste Future
At Eco-Products, we understand the connection between the health of the planet and the impacts of disposable packaging. Every day we work to advance Zero Waste systems, and help our customers be better stewards of the environment.
Sustainable disposables sounds like an oxymoron, but we live in a consumer culture where disposable products are ubiquitous. And they aren’t going away any time soon. We see this as an incredible opportunity to help change the world – and more importantly each of the local communities we serve – by making sustainable disposable products that shift an industry.
The Eco-Products Difference
We’re the most recognized and authentic brand in sustainable food service packaging. As category leaders with an exclusive commitment to environmentally preferred packaging, we’re able to deliver benefits to our partners that are unavailable anywhere else on the market.
Buyer / Planner
For over two decades, Eco-Products has been providing customers with better choices by producing foodservice packaging made from renewable resources and post-consumer recycled content. We continually strive to drive innovation in our field in all areas of sustainability. Our goal is to build a vibrant business on sustainable business practices, serving as an example to others and leading change in our industry and beyond.
Summary of Position
The Buyer/Planner is a combined position that includes both Purchasing and Demand/Inventory Planning responsibilities. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day Purchasing/Planning/Inventory Management and maintaining strategic and collaborative relationships with assigned suppliers. The individual will also be looked upon to provide analysis and recommendations related to changing product demand, process improvements across the procurement process, and perform inventory analysis and reconciliation. The position will help ensure the organization maintains fill rate and inventory-turn requirements on an ongoing basis by gaining an understanding of the overall capabilities of the supply chain and changing demands of the market.
Reports To: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
- Update and review Planning Tools on a continuous basis
- Issue, track, maintain, and ensure accuracy of Purchase Orders for stocked and custom products
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders out of stock items and recovery timelines
- Proactively drive vendors to meet expected timelines and delivery schedules and provide visibility and reporting of supplier performance
- Recommend and maintain supplier mix targets based on pricing and performance
- Manage and maintain customer Floor Stocking Agreements and perform related Purchasing requirements
- Aggregate “new demand” inputs from the Sales team and identify items in which additional inventory is required
- Run weekly wire payment report against vendor invoices and provide to finance to ensure vendors are being paid in compliance of their terms
- Manage and ensure accuracy of all documentation (Packing List, Commercial Docs) related to procurement from domestic and international suppliers
- Make recommendations for transfers from location-to-location to ensure right-product-in-the-right-place
- Perform inventory analysis with ability to identify slow moving items, define inventory turns at item/product category/warehouse location level
- Perform inventory reconciliations by comparing receipt reports across various systems to identify discrepancies and resulting variances
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in a high volume, multi-location distribution environment, concentrating in distribution operations, inventory management, forecasting or transportation
- Desired Education Level: Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-directed individual who is able to make decisions independently and be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with management, internal and external customers, and international vendors
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather, organize, and assimilate information to make recommendations
- Strong computer skills emphasizing MS Excel (Pivot tables and graphical reporting) and ERP reporting systems (preferably NetSuite)
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Strong inclination towards sustainability in business and personal environments
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
This is a full time, non-exempt position in an office environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Eco-Products offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package to eligible employees. The benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent, life and disability insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, holiday pay, 401(k) with Company contribution, employee volunteer program, and an alternative transportation incentive program including an EcoPass.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity with regards to minorities, females, disabled persons, and veterans.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com
Supply Chain Analyst